A Cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a web page, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information contained and the way they use their equipment, they can be used to recognize to user.
Cookies are essential for the functioning of the internet, providing innumerable advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating navigation and usability of our website.
TYPES OF COOKIES
Below, a classification of the cookies is made according to a series of categories. However, it is necessary to take into account that the same cookies may be included in more than one category.
1. Types of cookies depending on the entity that manages them
Depending on the entity that manages the equipment or domain which the cookies are sent from and that treats the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
- Own cookies.- Are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies. – Those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
In case that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself but the information collected by them is managed by a third party, they can not be considered as own cookies.
2. Types of cookies depending on the term that remain activated
- Session cookies.- They are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
- Persistent cookies.- They are a type of cookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
3. Types of cookies depending on their purpose
- Technical cookies.- Are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it.
- Personalization cookies.- These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal.
- Analysis cookies.- These are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked.
- Advertising cookies.- These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform which the requested service is provided from based on criteria such as the content edited or the frequency in which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioral advertising cookies.- These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform which the requested service is provided from. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it..
Depending on the provisions of article 22.2 of Law 34/2002, of July 11th, Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce (LSSI-CE), SLASH MOBILITY, SL informs about the cookies used in our website:
|_ga||Functionality||Registers a unique identification that is used to generate statistical data about how the visitor uses the website||third parties||2 years|
|_gid||Functionality||Registers a unique identification that is used to generate statistical data about how the visitor uses the website||third parties||24 h.|
|_icl_visitor_lang_js||Functionality||It allows us to identify the user’s language in order to show the web page in the correct language.||third parties||24 h.|
|cookie_notice_accepted||Functionality||This cookie is used to save information about whether the user has accepted cookies.||third parties||1 year|
Here we detail the types of cookies used:
SLASH MOBILITY, SL uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service developed by Google, which allows the measurement and analysis of navigation on web pages. According to the previous typology, these are third-party, persistent and analytical cookies.
HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES IN THE MOST USED BROWSERS
Also, SLASH MOBILITY, SL informs the user that it has the possibility to configure your browser so that you are informed of the reception of cookies, and may, if you wish, prevent them from being installed on your hard drive.
Below, we provide the links of various browsers, through which you can make such configuration:
Explorer versions 7 i 8: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-ES/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
Explorer versión 9: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
Safari 5.1 (OS X Lion): http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042?viewlocale=es_ES
Safari (IOS): http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=es_ES
Windows Phone: http://www.windowsphone.com/es-ES/how-to/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings